Laptop hard disk is basically a type of storage device used to store data in a laptop. Moreover, laptop hard disk is the most important device for storing operating system, applications, and user files. Laptop hard disks are typically built in a smaller size factor than desktop hard disks and are connected to the laptop's motherboard via a SATA or PCIe interface. Currently, various brand of laptop hard disk is available in Bangladesh including Seagate and Toshiba.
How many types of laptop hard disk available in Bangladesh?
Depending on factors such as high data transfer, operating system booting time, and power efficiency, there are two types of laptop hard disk available in Bangladesh.
Hard Disk Drive: This type of hard disk is usually attached to the laptop. HDD hard disk basically uses a spinning disk which can access and store data quickly. Moreover, these types of hard disks come in different sizes and speeds. HDD laptop hard disk works at a speed of 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm.
Solid-State Drives: Solid-State Drives primarily use flash memory to store and access data. Moreover, SSD drives are becoming increasingly popular among laptop users in BD due to their fast access time, power saving, and long durability.
What is the price of laptop hard disk in BD?
Currently, laptop HDD price in BD start from TK 1,100 that depending on hard disk capacity, data transfer speed, form factor and brand. However, hard disk with faster data transfer and higher RPM speed price starts from TK 1,500. Besides, SSD drives tend to be a bit more expensive.
What to look for before buying a laptop hard disk?
Storage needs, reliable performance, and durability should be carefully considered when purchasing a laptop hard disk.
1. Storage Capacity: Storage space and hard disk with sufficient capacity should be selected for data storage. Because the capacity of the hard disk will depend on the amount of data that can be stored on the laptop.
2. Form factor: It is better to check whether the hard disk is compatible with the form factor of the laptop. Most laptops use a 2.5-inch hard disk. However, some ultrabooks and slimline laptops may require a smaller form factor, such as a 1.8-inch or M.2 drive.
3. Speed: The role of hard disk is immense for fast working in laptop. A higher RPM hard disk should be considered for faster performance. Because a 7200 rpm hard drive is faster than a 5400 rpm drive. Therefore, the hard disk should be selected according to the requirements of using the laptop.
4. Interface: The hard disk should be selected knowing what type of interface the laptop supports. Because most laptops these days support SATA-2,3 or PCIe, and NVME interfaces. So before buying the laptop hard disk check whether it will be compatible with the interface of the laptop.
5. Operating Cost: Laptop hard disk is generally less expensive than solid-state drives, which can be a good option for budget-conscious users. However, SSD is expensive but best for use as laptop hard drive for high-capacity data transfer and faster OS booting.