Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest or saline forest in the world. It is a vast forest area on the coast of the Bay of Bengal which is one of the natural wonders of the world. The total area of the Sundarbans is 3,000 sq. Km, which is located in Bangladesh and India.
The Sundarban is known as the house of numerous species of birds, Chitra deer, crocodiles and snakes including the Royal Bengal Tiger. According to the survey, there are 5 tigers and 3 to 5 pictorial deer. In the Sundarbans area, there are also 4 species of plants, 124 species of fish, 26 species of birds, 12 species of mammals, 3 reptiles and 3 mammals which is constantly attracting millions of visitors. The name of the forest is named after the beautiful tree Sundari, which is the only way for the visitors to enter the Sundarbans. Winter is the best time to visit the Sundarbans.
Although it is not possible for a visitor to visit the whole Sundarbans, this forest has some special sights. Places that may be most suitable to satisfy the traveler's desire to travel because these places are varied in their own characteristics. And every year thousands of tourists and researchers come to visit all these places. So lets know the names and brief descriptions of these special sights of the Sundarbans. You can get an idea about the total expense for visiting Sundarban from here.
1. Kotka: Kotka is one of the sights of the Sundarbans. It is located in the southeast corner of the Sundarbans. There is a forest house in Kataka. There are numerous small canals around it. Where to go by boat and enjoy the most is the natural beauty of the Sundarbans. Deer can be seen on both sides of the canal. There is also the dispersal of monkeys, otters, wild chickens, and various kinds of birds. Occasionally the royal posture involves the sight and roar of the tiger's movements. From the Jatmala observation tower, all the spectacular views of wildlife and tiger deer hunting that attract the tourists are frequent.
2. Karamjal: If anyone wants to return to the beautiful forest within a short time then the Karamjal area of the Sundarbans is most suitable for him. Because the Karamjhol site is very close to the Mongla port, it can be returned in only 3 hours. Hundreds of visitors come here every day to visit. The main attractions here are: deer, monkeys, crocodiles, boats, birds of different species, river of animals, fishing scenes of fishermen and so on. Apart from this, the only crocodile breeding center in Bangladesh is also located in Karamjal which attracts tourists.
3. Kochikhali: About 5km from Mangla. Mr. Located far away is Kochikhali. This is one of the sights of the Sundarbans. Walking distance from Katakkal Jamala observation tower to Kachikhali beach to Kachikhali station of forest department. Along the way, there are dense forests where tigers, deer, monkeys, poisonous snakes, pigs, etc. While walking this path may seem a bit intimidating, but the brave stranger's first choice is Kochikhali. The main attraction of Kachikhali is the beach. One that will impress the serene surroundings and natural beauty of the beach. Also, occasional tiger treats can be noticed on this beach. Which attracts the tourists the most.
4. Harbaria: only 25k from Mongla. The main attraction of this place is inadequate natural beauty. There are two wooden trails with ammunition, one adjacent to a pond, and a wooden pool. There are also a wide variety of wild animals, birds, and plants.
5. Nilkomol/ Heronpoint: About 5 km from Mongla. At the far end is the blue lotus. It is a famous administrative center of the Sundarbans South Sanctuary. Deer are most commonly seen here. Also noticeable is the distribution of tigers, pigs, monkeys, turtles, snakes of different species, various species of birds. A small canal flowed in front of the blue lotus. The 9th Anniversary of the 122nd Sundarbans World Heritage Site is unveiled here. There is a Rest House by the Forest Department which has good accommodation for visitors.
6. Dublar Char: This place is located in the south of the Sundarbans. Located in the Bay of Bengal, the island is known as a traditional place for fishing and processing. Every year, fishermen from different parts of Bangladesh build their homes temporarily from October to March and fish it in the sea and sell it to the market. This place is the best place for getting a sense of the Sundarbans fisheries.
7. MandarBaria: This sanctuary is located in the southwest corner of the Sundarbans. From here, the small forests in the deep forests are celebrated by tigers, deer, wildlife, monkeys, crocodiles, turtles, snakes, crabs, etc. Another interesting thing about this place is the large waves of the sea. It is truly fascinating to see the huge waves here lying on the beach. It is also rich in natural beauty and biodiversity
The tour packages will help you see the beauty of Sundarbans and you can see the Sundarbans tour packages from Khulna from here.