Everyone has a hobby of decorating. And attractive floor mats are most important for this decoration. Floor mats are not only used for furnishing purposes, but they are used in various offices, business establishments, mosques and other places since long ago. This floor mat is also known as carpet. Floor mats in Bangladesh are available at very cheap prices so customers can also buy them quite happily.
How many types of floor mats are available in BD?
Different types of floor mats are available in BD. These are:
- Electrical rubber mat
- Mosque carpet
- Children's mat Floor mat
- Shital pati
What are carpets made of?
Bangladeshi carpets are made of different fabrics. Fabrics vary from carpet to carpet. For example:
Electrical Rubber Mat: Electrical rubber mats are made of plastic rubber fabrics. These electrical rubber mats are used in various damp places and factories. Because there is a risk of electrical accidents if there are electrical lines around the damp area. But if electrical rubber mats are used in these places then there is no fear of electrical accidents. Similarly, the main reason for using faucets in factories is for the safety of workers or customers.
Mosque Carpet: Mosque carpets are made from a combination of wool and cotton fabrics. They are very large in size and thick in volume. These carpets are specially made for the winter season so the body does not feel cold even in severe winters.
Baby Mats: Toddlers love to crawl, jump and so don't want to stay on the bed. But when it comes to getting them out of bed, parents have a variety of worries about whether their children have picked up any dirt in their mouths, whether they will get cold feet in winter, and many other worries. But these special mats made for children are made of different colors and high quality plastic fabric so parents don't have to worry about the cold. These mats are very easy to wash and clean.
Floor mats: These mats or carpets are widely used in homes, offices, and various institutions. In addition to enhancing the beauty of the floor, these floor mats are especially beneficial for housewives to get relief from the trouble of cleaning the floor repeatedly. Floor mats are easy to clean with a vacuum cleaner. But tiles, mosaic or cement floors need to be cleaned with water first. It costs both time and labor. These floor mats are made of a type of fabric consisting of nylon and polyester.
Shital Pati: Shital Pati is a traditional cottage industry of Bangladesh made from the bark of a plant called rattan.
What do you need to know before buying a floor mat or carpet?
Before buying a floor mat or carpet, it is important to know some things. So before buying a floor mat or carpet, you should know the following things:
1. Before buying a floor mat or carpet, you need to know where it will be used. Will it be used in dry or wet areas?
2. Check whether the size of the carpet or floor mat is correct for the size of the space to be used. If not according to size, it will be too small or too big.
3. Before buying a floor mat, you need to know the fabric it is made of. If you want to use for mosques, if you buy carpets that are used at home, then you have to face problems because the fabrics of carpets for home use and mosques are completely different.
4. If you want to buy floor mats for kids, it is better to buy colorful floor mats and a little bigger size. Even if the children fall while running, the body will not be injured.
5. Above all, check whether the floor mat of choice can be regularly dusted or cleaned. There are many less expensive carpets that fade after a wash or two. So it is better not to buy them.
What is the price of carpet in BD?
Carpet prices in BD start from just 550 Taka. There are also different types of carpets whose prices are determined depending on their size, fabrics, designs and some other features. But if you want to buy a good quality floor mat, you have to spend a little more money. But kids mats are available well under Tk 1,000 and are big enough.