Nowadays server is used for managing the digital economy and cloud-based applications, websites, and data centers. Server is computer programmable devices that help users store and exchange data, files, images, and videos with other devices. Depending on the needs and requirements, different brands of server including HP and Dell is available in Bangladesh ranging in price from low to high. Currently, the popularity of servers in Bangladesh is increasing due to the growth of the IT industry and cloud-based services.
Why server is used?
- Server is mainly used for various reasons including storing and managing data, files and applications. Also provide a fixed location that provides a reliable and efficient way to be accessed by multiple users or devices, which is essential for modern computing infrastructure.
- Server is used to host websites and web applications. which will provide a platform for users to access online content and other services.
- Servers can mainly be used to store and share files. Also allows multiple users access to files, images, videos, and other types of data.
- Provides high processing power to run applications like databases, virtual machines, and enterprise software.
- Servers play an important role in managing and controlling network traffic, including routing, firewalling, and load balancing.
- It will help users remotely access applications and data from anywhere and on any device.
What is the price of server in Bangladesh?
Currently, server prices in Bangladesh vary depending on the type, configuration, and brand. Moreover, server price in Bangladesh starts from TK 67,000 that depends on configuration and brand. The more powerful the server configuration, the more expensive it is.
What to look for before buying a server?
There are a few important things to consider before buying a server. In which buying purpose, processing power, memory, storage capacity, scalability, security, operating system and budget are important to consider.
1. Purpose of Use: Before buying a server, first of all, you should be sure about the purpose of its use. For example, to be sure whether it will be helpful for hosting websites, running applications, storing data or other specific tasks.
2. Processing Power: The number of CPU cores, clock speed and cache size of the server should be taken into account to ascertain the processing power required to handle the server workload efficiently.
3. Memory / RAM: The memory required for the server should be chosen to handle the required applications and have efficient processing capabilities.
4. Storage: Consideration should be given to the amount of storage required to properly store data and applications on the server. Choose a solid-state drive or hard disk drive depending on your needs.
5. Scalability: Check whether the server can be easily scaled up or down later as per the business needs.
6. Reliability: Verify that the server has redundant power supplies, hot-swappable components, and error-correcting code (ECC) memory for high reliability.
7. Security System: It is very important to consider that the server has hardware-based security, encryption and external intrusion detection/prevention systems.
8. Monitoring System: Choose a server with easy-to-use monitoring tools. Which will help to easily access and control the server remotely.
9. Operating System: It should be checked which operating system will be compatible with the server hardware.
10. Budget: Servers should be selected which will provide the functionality to meet the required needs along with compatibility with the budget.
Taking the above factors into consideration will be helpful in choosing the best server as per the requirement.
What are the security features to look for before purchasing a server?
Several important security systems for data and network protection must be considered when purchasing a server. Things like encryption, firewalls, anti-malware, antivirus software, access control, data backup, and 24/7 video surveillance must be verified. But the security system of the server needs to be strengthened based on the type of data to be stored on the server as per the specific requirements of the user.
How to verify if the server is compatible with the IT infrastructure?
It is very important to check whether the server will be compatible with the user's IT infrastructure. And in this case, the server hardware and software installed in the IT infrastructure along with the operating system, network topology and security protocols must be verified to work properly with the network. Also, check if the server is able to communicate and access data properly with other servers. Finally after installing the server, one should consider whether sufficient functionality is available as per the requirement. Thus, the user can select the best server compatible with his IT infrastructure while purchasing the server.