In our daily life in Bangladesh, we use mobile phones for social media activities, talking on the phone, watching videos, especially smartphones. So before buying, consider the brand, model, design, budget, etc. So know some tips to buy good quality mobile in Bangladesh.
What to consider before buying a mobile phone?
There are many things to know before buying a mobile phone. Because if these things are not known, it will not be possible to buy the right mobile phone. Below is a detailed discussion about what you need to know before buying a mobile phone:
1. Pattern of usage: Before buying a mobile phone you should know about the pattern of usage. Whether buying a button phone or a touchscreen phone, first consider where and how it will be used. Button mobiles will suffice if you want to use them only for talking purposes. Button phones are great as a 2nd phone. Many elderly people in Bangladesh prefer button phones for their low cost and ease of use. But if you want to do other things like internet browsing, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and various social media then touchscreen phone is best because it is powered by powerful operating system like Android, iOS, Tizen. Although many button phones are available in Bangladesh today which have these facilities but touchscreen phones have special advantages in terms of usage. So first you have to consider what the mobile phone will be used for.
2. Speaker: Before buying a mobile, you must check the quality of the speaker. Because if the speaker is not good then speech or any audio cannot be heard clearly. Especially in city of Bangladesh, the noise level is high so louder speaker works better.
3. Battery: Be it a button mobile or a smartphone, the most important thing in any mobile is the battery. All the performance of the mobile depends on how the battery backup of a mobile is. Smartphones have a lot of battery backup, but the current button mobiles are not behind in any part. 5200 milliampere button mobiles and smartphones are available in Bangladesh market. So whatever mobile is bought, you have to check the battery milliampere.
4. Charge Time: With the advancement of smartphones, its use has also increased so it has become a part of everyday life. So frequent charging is required. It takes 2/3 hours to charge but many modern mobiles use fast charging technology. As a result, it can fully charge in a very short time. And as it saves time, it also has many benefits. So before buying a mobile it is better to see if it supports fast charge. But this feature is usually available in slightly better priced mobiles.
5. Network: Bangladesh currently has 3G, 4G and 5G networks. Try to buy the maximum according to your budget. And keep in mind that the version above will support the lower version, which means you can run 4G and 3G if you accept 5G.
6. Dual SIM: Most of the new mobile phones available in Bangladesh are dual SIM. However, some sets may have one SIM. Used mobiles which are usually imported and sold from abroad are single SIM.
7. Display Size: If you use the internet a lot, you should take a big screen mobile such as a minimum of 5-6 inches. The screen of iPhone and some older models of mobile phones are much smaller. However, they are quite affordable.
8. Resolution: Most of the current mobiles are HD screens. However, Full HD will give you better quality.
9. Protection: If you have gorilla or other protected glass, you don't need a screen protector anymore.
10. Screen Density: This issue is not important to many but it can be used to determine the value of the screen. Try to get a minimum of 270 ppi. And at 400 ppi you can see very good quality pictures.
11. RAM: 2 GB is enough to run normal applications. However, 3 GB is better. And if you want to play modern games on mobile, you need to have 4 GB.
12. Storage: At least 16 GB will work. And see if there are additional slots. If not, it is better to take more than 16 GB. Older models usually have less storage but have card slots.
13. Processor: Dual cores may be a little slow but will work if the budget is low. And quad core CPU will work well. The new model mobile has Octacore CPU.
14. Camera: Buy by looking at the lens quality of the camera, not by looking at the megapixels. Take pictures at night or in low light so you can learn about the low-light performance of the camera.
15. Sensors: If you have a digital compass, gyroscope, SPO2 or pulse oximeter, activity tracker, you will get a lot of benefits.
16. Flash light: Flashlight is very important thing. You should buy a mobile phone with a good flashlight because the light of the flashlight can be easily found in a dark place. A flashlight comes in handy when traveling or when there is a power outage.
What is the price of mobile in Bangladesh?
Mobile price in Bangladesh starts at Taka 3,000 which can make great calls and few smartphones facilities are available. Some of them may have buttons on mobiles. A good quality smartphone in BD will cost at least Taka 10,000 with full HD touchscreen and smart operating system. If you are on a low budget and want to get a good smartphone, a tip is to buy an older model flagship mobile to get better quality hardware for less money.
What precautions for using mobile?
- Buy good quality mobile otherwise may harm the radiation. Check the SAR should not be more than 1.6.
- Good quality screen is required otherwise it may damage your eyes for excessive usage.
- Do not talk over mobile network while charging.
- Do not charge the mobile near your head while sleeping.
- Replace the battery immediately if it is swollen otherwise it may burst anytime.
- After usage of mobile it may get hot so let is cool and then charge it.
- Cheap protection glass may not required if your mobile has protected screen. If you set it up then remember that you may not able to enjoy the quality screen.
- Do not give your smartphone to children for a long time because it will harm their health. Specailly in Bangladesh, it is a big problem for parents.
- If you buy the used smartphone in Bangladesh then better buy it with original packet or collect the receipt with the IMEI number.