DSLR camera is perfect for professional and hobbyist photography. Because DSLR camera has digital sensors and can take pictures through autofocus. Generally, DSLR cameras have become very popular in Bangladesh due to the fact that different ranges of lenses can be used with them as per the requirement. Nowadays DSLR cameras are available at affordable prices in different parts of Bangladesh.
What to look for before buying a DSLR camera?
Currently, multiple models of DSLR cameras from various popular brands including Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Fujifilm are available in Bangladesh. So, there are a few things you must know to select the best DSLR camera that suits you. Details are mentioned:
Determine why you need a DSLR camera: Different types of DSLR cameras are available for professional and entry-level photographers. If you need to buy a DSLR camera for the first time, you can start with an entry-level DSLR camera. Because, first of all, if you want to use a professional DSLR camera, you may face problems. On the other hand, entry-level cameras are sufficient for personal use. However, if you want to become a professional photographer, you can take a professional DSLR camera.
Camera Megapixels: The first thing to notice when buying a DSLR camera is how many megapixels the camera has. Because the higher the megapixels of the DSLR camera, the better the resolution quality of the image. Hence, one should buy a DSLR camera considering the megapixels as per the requirement. However, at least 18 megapixel DSLR camera should be purchased.
Video Resolution: DSLR cameras can shoot up to HD, Full-HD, and 4K video depending on the model. So, buy DSLR camera based on video resolution as per requirement.
Viewing Angle: DSLR cameras can take better quality pictures due to the wider viewing angle. Before buying the camera, you must check the viewing angle of the camera.
Size: DSLR cameras are relatively large in size. Currently, DSLR cameras of different sizes are available in Bangladesh based on brand and model. So, choose the right size camera for you.
Lens Compatibility: The image quality of a DSLR camera largely depends on the camera lens. Multiple lenses can be used to capture better-quality images depending on location and weather. DSLR cameras are more popular because multiple lenses can be used with them. And, because of these special features, DSLR cameras are at the peak of demand among professional photographers.
Camera Features: DSLR camera features vary depending on the model. Common features include using aperture, shutter priority, auto or manual focus, etc. which are present in all types of DSLR cameras. Moreover, the special features of DSLR cameras include hole burst mode, anti-shake, dust protection, connectivity, semi-auto modes, and flash. So, before buying a DSLR, check whether it has the necessary features.
Flash Light: Flashlight is essential for taking pictures in dark places. DSLR cameras come with two types of flashlights – built-in flashlights and external flashlights. If the camera's built-in flashlight does not have enough light required, an external flashlight will be needed. So, select an external flashlight as per requirement.
Budget: The primary consideration in buying a DSLR camera is its price. From affordable cameras to high-end professional cameras available in the market. So, decide your budget. Also, you need to keep in mind the cost of purchasing some accessories such as lenses, batteries, memory cards, camera bags, etc.
What are the advantages of DSLR cameras?
- DSLR cameras can capture better-quality images.
- High shutter speed and focus speed makes it easy to take good pictures of running scenes or birds flying.
- DSLR cameras can be used with lenses of different sizes depending on the need.
- DSLR cameras have optical viewfinders that other cameras don't usually have.
- DSLR cameras can take better-quality pictures in low light.
- Most DSLR cameras can record HD and Full HD video.
- DSLR cameras support both manual and automatic settings.
- Some DSLR cameras now have WiFi and GPS functions.
- All types of DSLR cameras from entry-level to professional level are available in Bangladesh.
What is the difference between DSLR and SLR camera?
Both DSLR and SLR cameras capture images using the same viewfinder technology. But, DSLR cameras use digital technology to store images through memory cards. On the other hand, SLR cameras use film made of various materials, including gelatin and plastic, to store images. A few differences are mentioned:
- Video can be captured with a DSLR camera. On the other hand, there is no option to capture video with SLR cameras.
- DSLR cameras use memory cards to easily transfer images from DSLR cameras to other devices. Moreover, most DSLR cameras have wireless connectivity so that images can be shared with a mobile or other device using the Bluetooth option. On the other hand, SLR cameras do not have an easy way to share photos.
- DSLR cameras can be used for live broadcasting. On the other hand, live broadcasting is not possible with SLR cameras.
- If you don't like the pictures taken with the DSLR camera, you can free up space on the memory card by deleting photos. On the other hand, there is no option to delete photos in SLR cameras.
How to maintain DSLR camera?
No one wants their beloved DSLR camera to get damaged. Most DSLR cameras are not waterproof and dustproof. Here are some special tips that will keep your DSLR camera in good condition:
- Keep the DSLR camera away from water to prevent any water from entering the body of the DSLR camera. If this happens, clean it immediately and allow the water to dry without using the camera for a while.
- Do not use the DSLR camera for long periods of time in hot and humid weather. And if you do, try to cover the camera as much as possible with black cloth.
- Use a camera bag to carry the DSLR camera to avoid major damage if the camera is accidentally dropped.
- Use lenscovers with DSLR camera lenses to prevent the camera lens from blurring frequently.
- Check the battery regularly and avoid using dead batteries. Keep the camera battery open except when using the DSLR camera.
What is the price of DSLR camera in Bangladesh?
DSLR cameras are currently available in both new and used condition in BD. DSLR camera price in Bangladesh range from TK 15,000 to TK 7,00,000 depending on camera brand, megapixels, video resolution capability, camera viewing angle, technology, and condition. However, there are good entry-level cameras available between TK 50,000 and TK 1,00,000. However, before buying a DSLR camera, you should check the lens of the camera. Because DSLR camera is available with and without lenses in the Bangladeshi market. While DSLR camera without lens is available at a low price, DSLR camera with lens is available at fairly affordable price in Bangladesh. Moreover, DSLR camera lenses vary according to different needs. And, DSLR camera price in Bangladesh varies depending on the lens.
DSLR camera price under 10,000 Taka
Currently, popular brands of DSLR camera including Canon, and Nikon are available in Bangladesh under Tk 10,000. However, DSLR camera under 10,000 Tk is usually in used condition and older models. DSLR camera within this budget is mainly suitable for entry-level users who are interested in learning photography.
DSLR camera price under 15,000 Taka
Basic DSLR camera with a standard lens is usually available in Bangladesh under 15,000 Tk. DSLR camera within this budget range is generally available in used condition. Also, DSLR camera under 15,000 Tk is useful enough for new & photography enthusiasts.
DSLR camera price under 20,000 Taka
DSLR camera under Tk 20,000 in Bangladesh is available with good specifications and advanced features. Almost mid-range DSLR camera is available in this budget, which can capture quality photos and videos.