Drone is a radio-controlled aircraft specially designed for amusement. Some drones can record live video while flying and can transmit it to the controller in realtime. These aircraft sometimes called as quadcopter.
Some drones come without camera and you can buy the drone camera separately. HD drone camera is more common and usually comes in cheaper version. 4K drone is now becoming the standard as it can takes stunning pictures in real time.
Most drones are in standard size but some drones are designed in small size so that it fits in your hand. But its quality and performance are usual and can perform similar to full-size drone. However, there is another type of small drone which is called toy drone but this is different from mini drone.
The price of a drone usually depends on the quality of the drone camera, the speed of the drone and various other features. The minimum price of a drone in Bangladesh is around Taka 1,799. The price of camera drones in Bangladesh starts from Taka 4,000 and you can capture aerial views with these which will be very pleasing for you and your family. However, a professional drone with a high quality camera costs between, 25,000 Taka and 150,000 Taka whose videos are great and can be used for professional aerial photography.
Drone Law in Bangladesh
1. Recreational drones weighing less than 5 Kg do not require a permit to fly in Bangladesh. And, there is no age limit to fly this drone. However, recreational drones cannot be flown above 500 feet.
2. Drones can be flown up to a maximum height of 50 feet within 3 to 5 km of the airport area of Bangladesh. And, it can fly up to 100 feet height at a distance of 5 km from the airport. Moreover, flying drones within 3 km of the airport area is banned.
3. In BD, permission is required from the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh or CAAB to shoot television or documentary videos by drones weighing more than 5 kg.
4. Permission from the Ministry of Defense is required to fly drones weighing more than 7 kg in Bangladesh.
5. Currently, the use of drones for commercial purposes is banned in Bangladesh.
6. Avoid flying drones in any restricted areas. If there is a need to fly a drone in a restricted area for any reason, permission must be obtained from the specific authority.
7. Also, flying drones in prohibited areas, Airports / KPI / special KPI, and hazardous areas is banned by the Government of Bangladesh.