Nowadays everyone aspires to own a flat, specially in Dhaka city or its surrounding areas. Today, a flat or residence in or around Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, is a symbol of affluence. With the passage of time, the prices of flats in Bangladesh are constantly increasing. Currently, flats of various sizes are available all over Dhaka as per requirement. However, you can buy flats in Dhaka at relatively low prices, especially through Bdstall.
What is the cost to buy a flat?
Flats of various size in both newly constructed and used condition is available in Bangladesh at present. In particular, there is a difference in the price of flats based on the facilities of different places in Dhaka. Currently, flat price in Dhaka starts from TK 38,00,000 which is 950 square feet in size and generally in used condition. Moreover, flat prices in Bangladesh range from Tk 3,500 to Tk 16,000 per square fit that depends on the location. Specially in Gulshan area of Dhaka, the price of a flat is highest where per square feet ranges from TK 14,000 to TK 30,000.
What to look for before buying a flat?
There are certain things to consider before buying a flat in Bangladesh. Details are described:
1. First of all, the flat should be selected based on the number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, and balcony as per the requirement.
2. Since you have to live in the flat for a long time after buying the flat, you have to choose a flat in a specific location considering your workplace, children's school, market, hospital etc.
3. Consideration should be given to whether the flat location can be easily accessed from frequently travelled areas.
4. If you have a private car, check if parking space is available with the flat.
5. The flat documents should be collected from the owner and verified by the registration office whether these are correct or not.
6. In terms of price, the condition of the flat and the demand for flats in the particular area should be verified.
7. The flat should be selected considering the durability of the flat. Because the life span of currently constructed houses is 50 to 100 years.
8. One has to live in a flat for a long time, so the decision to buy a flat must be made with overall consideration.
How many square feet flat should be bought?
Currently, flats ranging from 600 square feet to 6,000 square feet are available in various locations in Bangladesh. Therefore, specific size flats should be selected based on current and future needs. However, since flats are bought for long-term residence, it is better to buy as big a flat as possible. It is generally best to buy a flat of at least 1,200 to 1,500 square feet. Moreover, small or large size flats can be selected based on the budget.
How much does it cost to design the interior of the flat?
Flat with interior design is available in Bangladesh but most of them are used flats. After buying a newly constructed or old flat, one can design the interior as per their choice. The cost of interior designing varies based on the size of the flat. However, most people in Bangladesh usually decorate the drawing room with attractive interior design. Generally, just decorating the interior of the drawing room requires at least TK 1 to 1.5 lakh. Moreover, costs vary widely based on the quality of interior design and furnishing items.