An electric cooker is a device that is used to cook food using electricity. It is an induction cooker made of a solid electric plate, coil burner, oven, or electric induction cooktop. It efficiently supplies the heat required for cooking while saving cooking time and energy. Currently, electric cooker has brought a revolutionary change in the field of cooking in Bangladesh. Besides, due to limited access to natural gas and expensive LPG cylinders, the demand for electric cooker in the Bangladeshi market has increased to a great extent. Currently, popular brands like Philips, Sencor, Osaka, Miyako, and Kiam as well as Chinese and domestic brands of electric cooker is available at an affordable price in Bangladesh.
Why buy an Induction Cooker?
1. The induction cooker heats the cookware directly through electromagnetic induction, thus cooking faster.
2. Moreover, the induction cooker takes a lot of time to heat the cooking pot quickly.
3. Induction cookers have precise temperature control so that the heat can be adjusted according to the cooking needs.
4. Induction cookers also have a built-in safety feature that automatically shuts off when cookware is not detected or removed.
5. The induction cooker is easy to clean as it is smooth and flat.
6. An induction cooker heats only the cookware and its surroundings during cooking. As a result, there is very little chance of burns if you touch the cooktop.
7. Induction cooker is designed with various safety features including child safety locks. As a result, the risk of accidents in using this type of electric cooker is very low.
8. Induction cooker is made in sleek and modern designs to make the kitchen attractive.
9. In addition, induction cooker saves almost 50% of electricity compared to other cookers.
Before buying an Electric Cooker
Power rating: The power rating of the electric cooker must be checked to perform the necessary cooking tasks as per the demand for household electric power.
Capacity of Electric Cooker: Generally, how many people can cook in an electric cooker and check whether the capacity of the electric cooker is as per the demand.
Power level: When cooking in an electric cooker, check whether the power settings like pressure cooking, slow cooking, sautéing, and steaming can be increased or decreased.
Materials Made: Electric cookers are generally made of stainless steel, aluminum, and rubber which are quite durable and suitable for long-term use. So check when buying an electric cooker.
Electric Cooker Plate: Induction cookers are available in a combination of different types of plates such as microcrystal, ceramic tempered glass, crystal glass, and a polished crystal plate. So before buying an electric cooker, you must check the plate.
Non-Stick Inner Pot: Electric cookers should be checked for easy cleaning and having a convenient nonstick inner pot for removing the food after cooking.
Safety feature: Child lock, overheat protection, self-lubricating fan, and automatic power-off function should be checked to avoid any kind of accident while using the electric cooker.
Budget Compatibility: Various brands of electric cookers in Bangladesh including Vision, Philips, and others are available in different models. Price of induction cooker varies depending on the model and features. So check the budget and quality electric cooker.
Is Electric Cooker cheaper than Gas Cooker?
Yes, electric cooker is quite affordable compared to gas cooker. Because electric cooker does not require a separate gas line setup. Also, compared to gas cooker, electric cooker heats the cooking pot directly, resulting in less heat loss. Also, the maintenance and repair costs of electric cooker is much less compared to gas cooker.
What is the price of Electric Cooker?
Electric cooker price generally varies depending on the brand, model, size, features, and quality. Electric cooker price in Bangladesh starts from Tk 1400 which is designed with a single burner. Also, the price of a standard induction cooker in Bangladesh starts from 3000 Tk. Besides, the price of electric cooker with a digital display and advanced safety features is more than Tk 6,000.