USB hub is now known as an important item among everyone. The USB hub serves as a multiple port during various emergency situations when USB is available but no free port is found. Desktop PCs, laptops or other devices do not have a large number of USB ports, which often makes it impossible to operate devices with USB connectivity together. The only solution to this problem is a USB hub. Nowadays, USB hubs seem to be used everywhere in BD.
What is USB hub and what is its function?
A USB hub is basically an external USB port device that is not attached to a device. It can be easily carried from one place to another. USB hubs with 3 to 7 ports are more commonly used in BD. The USB hub itself is powered by a USB port. The function of a USB hub is to connect other USB connectivity devices together through multiple USB ports.
How many types of USB hubs are available in BD?
Types of USB hubs are determined based on the ports. There are several types of USB hubs most commonly available in BD. These are:
- Type C USB
- USB 2.0
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.1
- USB 3.2
- USB 3.3
What do you need to know before buying a USB hub?
Before buying a USB hub it is important to know some important things. Because if you don't know the important things, you can't buy the right USB hub. So before buying a USB hub, know the following things:
1. Before buying a USB hub, you need to know how many devices will be managed and whether the ports are available accordingly.
2. The USB hub should be selected considering the speed at which you want to transfer data.
3. Laptops and PCs often have variations of USB ports. Some have USB 2.0 and some have USB 3.0 or higher. So it is better to buy the USB port according to the USB port on the desktop PC or laptop.
4. Sometimes you have to use an external hard drive, so you should buy a USB hub that matches the USB port of the external hard drive.
5. In addition to USB ports, current USB hubs also have memory card slots, earphone jacks, and other amenities. It is better to buy these USB hubs.
6. Many times HDMI port is needed for various tasks, so USB hubs that have HDMI port facilities should be bought even if the price is a little higher.
7. There are many USB hubs that are called Type C to Type C USB hubs. If multiple Type C ports are to be used simultaneously, these USB hubs will be more useful. These USB hubs will also play an important role in charging mobile phones when traveling.
8. The use of projectors in various institutions is seen to be very high nowadays. Most of these projectors are powered by a VGA port, but there are many USB hubs that can be purchased with VGA ports to run the projector easily.
9. Printers, scanners, copiers, cameras, keyboards, CCTV or any other external devices are all controlled by USB connectivity. So it is very important to buy USB hub with port.
What is the price of USB hub in BD?
USB hub prices currently start from Tk 340 in BD. The price of USB hubs ranges from Rs 6,000 to maximum in BD. USB ports are priced based on various features and number of ports. Usually USB ports offer many benefits at a low price.