Why drink pure water?
Water used to be another name for life but now it has changed a bit. Pure water is another name for life. Because at present, along with various environmental pollution, water is also getting polluted gradually. Pure water is essential for human health. But getting pure water has become very rare now. This is because the water in most places today contains various contaminants such as lead, chlorine, and other harmful substances as well as various harmful viruses and bacteria that cause diseases which are extremely harmful to the human body. Many of us try to purify water in the traditional way but it is not always possible to remove all these harmful substances from the water by boiling or substandard filtering. This requires a modern filtering system.
Water filter price in Bangladesh
Household water filter price in Bangladesh starts at Tk 3,500 is a gravity-based, ultra-filter technology that can do general filtering and is popular due to its low cost. For better purification, an RO purifying system will work very well and will cost at least Tk 10,000 in Bangladesh. For industrial or office users, the price should be calculated based on the number of gallons to be filtered per day. Also, water filter prices in Bangladesh vary depending on the brand, model, water capacity, hot and cold water system, filtration system, filter stage, and other features.
Which technology water filter is available in Bangladesh and what is the price?
Different brands of water filter with advanced technology and feature is available in Bangladesh market. However, water filter price in Bangladesh varies based on technology.
1. Reverse Osmosis: It is a widely used process to purify water by purifying any harmful chemicals from water, microscopic particles and molecules, largest particles, microscopic microorganisms such as viruses and bacteria. In this method, the water is purified in several steps. It consists of a poly filter to purify the water, then a small poly filter to clean the small particles, then a carbon filter to clean the biochemicals, then a thin film membrane that can remove any germs or microorganisms, and finally a very small Carbon filter. In Bangladesh, WASA water is generally used for all purposes. In this case, water filter with reverse osmosis technology maintains the right quality of both the taste and smell of water, providing water suitable for young children and elderly people. Reverse osmosis technology water filter in Bangladesh is available with a budget of Tk 4,000 to Tk 10,000. Also, boxed shape reverse osmosis water filter cost more than 15,000 Tk.
2. Ultraviolet: This method can easily destroy organisms from water. For this, first, the microbiological growth of water is reduced then UV radiation with a wavelength of 254 nanometers destroys the DNA of the microorganisms and kills all kinds of bacteria, viruses, algae, and fungi in the water. Water filter with an ultraviolet system is available in the budget of Tk 4,500 to Tk 12,000 in Bangladesh.
3. Ultrafiltration: This method uses UF membranes to purify water which helps in controlling tolerant chlorine and water PS. In this method, chemicals are cleaned from the water. Water filter with ultrafiltration systems in Bangladesh cost between Tk 4,000 and Tk 5,500. Also, the Eco Fresh Ultrafiltration System water filter starts at Tk 9,000.
4. Gravity-Based: Gravity-based water purification system is very simple process, that can be used without electricity. Gravity-based water filter mainly destroys viruses, bacteria, and other micro-organisms in water through sedimentation, and microfiltration process to deliver clean water. Also, it can easily remove chemicals that affect the taste and smell of water. In Bangladesh, gravity-based water filter is generally available within a budget of Tk 2,000 to Tk 5,000. However, considering the quality of the water, it is essential to consider a suitable water filter.
What should be checked before buying Water Filter?
It is very important to consider suitable water filter for pure water supply in homes, offices, or industry. There are numerous water filters of different brand at affordable price in Bangladesh market. So besides considering the price, here are some important things to consider:
Water Quality: Water filter is made up of various technologies such as reverse osmosis, ultraviolet, ultrafiltration, treatment plants, and gravity-based systems, which remove viruses, bacteria, and other harmful organisms from water and maintain water quality. So TDS level of water should be considered before buying water filter. Generally, water with 500 TDS level is considered clean and water with 1000 TDS level is considered as polluted water. So before buying a water filter, you must check the water quality of the specific area.
Filter Capacity: Water filter is one of the ways to supply pure water to homes, offices, or industrial plants. Therefore, before buying a water filter, it is necessary to consider one with the capacity to supply pure water according to the needs of the people in the place of use.
Water Flow Rate: Water flow rate must be considered before buying a water filter. How fast a filter can purify water depends largely on the flow rate of the water filter. Therefore, consideration should be given to whether the water flow rate is appropriate according to the water demand.
Micron Rating: Contaminated water contains viruses, bacteria, as many micro-organisms, which are harmful to the health of people of almost all ages, from children to the elderly. So before buying a water filter, you must check the micron rating of the water filter. A water filter with a low micron rating can quickly remove many of the smallest particles.
Filter warranty and replacement system: Water filter internal filter should be checked for performance, duration of use, and ease of replacement. Therefore, before buying a water filter, you should consider durable and long-lasting filters, which will save costs.
After-Sales Service: Warranty must be considered before buying a water filter. Because the water filter with a long warranty ensures long-lasting use without any trouble. Also, after buying the water filter should check the after-sales service for any defects.
Other Feature: Digital display, smart water tank, and water filter with various features are commonly available in Bangladesh at affordable prices. So the water filter should be considered according to the requirement of smart features.
Certification: Check for certification from a reputed organization like NSF International or Water Quality Association. This is because certification by these organizations basically guarantees that the water filter has been tested and is capable of meeting certain performance standards for removing contaminants.
Some Tips for Water Filter Maintenance
1. The filter cartridge needs to be changed periodically during the use of the water filter so that the proper filtration system is always maintained.
2. Viruses, bacteria, and other impurities accumulate inside the water filter, which must be cleaned periodically.
3. Also, dust and dirt should not accumulate on the outside of the water filter, so it should be kept clean with a soft sponge cloth. If necessary, clean the outside of the water filter using a mild detergent.
4. In addition to regular use, the filter should be checked for any kind of leakage and should be repaired if necessary.
5. As a result of continuous use for a long time, dirt, viruses, and bacteria can accumulate inside the water filter and cause infection. So it is better to sanitize the filter stages after a certain time.
6. Water filters have specific containers to hold the water, in which the water collects after being filtered. To prevent the infection of viruses and bacteria, the container with water must be cleaned regularly and kept well covered.
7. The TDS level of the water should be checked to verify that the water filter is properly removing the contaminants from the water.
8. Check whether the water flow is correct by using water filter. If the water flow is slow, the filter should be cleaned. The filter cartridge must be changed if necessary.
Additionally, each brand and model of water filter comes with its own manufacturer's manual maintenance guide. Therefore, in the case of water filter maintenance, follow the specific instructions as well as contact the service point of the brand if necessary.
Essential Question About Water Filter
Can it filter salty water?
Yes, but it depends on the technology used in the filter. Reverse osmosis (RO) is a popular filter for purifying saline water.
Can it run without electricity?
Not all filters are required electricity such as simple water filter. But RO water purifier requires electricity and will stop filtering once the power cut off. However, most RO system has a reserved tank to store water and will continue supply the water using the tank pressure until the tank is empty. That's why this reserved tank sometimes called as pressure tank.
What is the pH after filtration?
The standard pH of water is 6-8. After filtration, the water pH will be 6-7 which is very safe. For some filtration technologies, you can make the water more alkaline using additional cartridge.
What will be the TDS after filtration?
500 mg/L is a safe TDS for any filtration technology. You need to check your water TDS using a TDS meter.
What should be the minimum budget to buy water purification machine?
The minimum budget should be which produce around 100% pure water because the main goal is to keep us healthy. In Bangladesh, water purifier is essential because the country is hot and humid so we have to drink water a lot.