Walkie talkie is an effective communication device like mobile or telephone. It is a portable, handheld radio device that helps establish wireless communication between people located in a specific area. In Bangladesh, Walkie talkie is widely used by law enforcement agencies, fire services, and the military, which is generally engaged in public safety. In addition, Walkie talkie can be used to manage large-scale programs in outdoor areas including construction sites, event management, shopping malls, garments, and industrial areas with the prescribed license from BTRC in Bangladesh.
What is the benefit of Walkie Talkie?
1. If normal communication is a problem while staying in remote villages or hilly areas, Walkie talkie provides reliable communication between people of specific organizations located in that particular area.
2. Facilitates rapid communication between disaster management authorities, rescue teams, and relief distribution agencies in emergencies such as cyclones, and floods and the safety of life and property of common people.
3. Walkie Talkie is a popular and effective device for seamless communication between security personnel, police, and other military forces engaged in internal security surveillance and information sharing in Bangladesh.
4. Walkie talkie helps in effective communication between event staff, volunteers, and security personnel for proper management and control of various events, and public gatherings.
5. Moreover, Walkie Talkie provides effective communication between engineers, workers, and managers in construction sites, garments, and other large industrial areas.
6. Walkie Talkie is generally less expensive than mobile phones.
7. Also, as the walkie-talkie is built with a powerful battery, frequent charging is not required for daily use.
What kind of license does BTRC provide for using Walkie Talkie in Bangladesh?
Individual Frequency: This type of license is mainly applicable to government, and semi-government, organizations like airlines. Individual frequencies can usually be used in single channels. Moreover, under this type of license, the user can use any company's Walkie-Talkie. 4,500 should be deposited to BTRC every year for each walkie-talkie used.
Short Business Frequency (SBR): This type of license allows use mainly by private organizations. Short Business Frequency License is frequency 80 which is suitable for use on 80 channels. As a result, users can use any channel. However, in case of a short business frequency license user can use walkie talkie of any color other than black walkie talkie.
According to the laws of Bangladesh, BTRC must issue a license to use Walkie Talkie. Moreover, it is easy to issue a license in Bangladesh to use Walkie Talkie, and it does not cost any money.
Eligible points for obtaining a license from BTRC
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Copy of trade license of the organization
- Copy with taxpayer identification number
- Copy of VAT registration
- Application form in company pad
Apart from all these things besides collecting catalog, and frequency forms from BTRC other things have to be provided properly. Also, to purchase any amount of Walkie Talkie, one-time payment order of Tk 6325 for file processing fee and frequency form has to be deposited with BTRC.
Things to consider before buying a walkie-talkie
Walkie Talkie Range: Walkie talkie typically provides a communication range of a few feet to several miles. So before buying a walkie talkie, you need to check the required communication distance and range of the device.
Frequency and Channel: Walkie talkie is available on different frequencies as well as multiple channels. So, before buying a walkie talkie one should consider the area, and number of users as well as check the walkie talkie's frequency and channel.
Battery: Some models of walkie talkie use disposable batteries. However, walkie talkies with rechargeable batteries are available in Bangladesh at affordable prices. Moreover, walkie talkies with rechargeable batteries are ideal for long-term use. So before buying a walkie talkie, you must check the battery.
Safety feature: Water-proof, shock-proof in walkie talkie for use in harsh conditions should be verified for proper use.
Size and Weight: Small size and light weight should be considered when buying a walkie-talkie, that can be carried for a long time. Walkie talkie price in Bangladesh usually varies depending on brand, model, quality, channel and frequency among other factors.
Apart from reviewing the above points, you can buy Walkie Talkies from BTRC's licensed seller points.
How to do walkie talkie maintenance?
Proper maintenance is essential to ensure optimal performance and long-lasting use of the walkie-talkie. The following points should be followed for proper maintenance of walkie talkies.
- The walkie-talkie should be cleaned regularly with a soft, dry cloth so that no dust, sand, or dirt accumulates on the walkie-talkie.
- Do not use cleaning agents or solvents that will damage the device's interior or exterior.
- Walkie talkie must be fully charged before use and the battery cannot be fully charged during regular use. So, the walkie talkie's battery will last for a long time.
- If the walkie-talkie is not used for a long time, the battery should be opened and stored in a cool, dry place.
- Moreover, extreme temperatures or humidity should be avoided when using the walkie-talkie. As a result, the components of the device will not be easily damaged.
- If there is any problem with the performance of the device such as distorted sound, or range up and down while using Walkie Talkie, the help of a professional should be taken.