An HDMI splitter is a device that splits an input signal into multiple output signals for viewing on multiple displays. The most common type of HDMI splitter is the 1 in 2 out splitter, which allows one source device such as a DVD player or gaming console to connect to two displays. Moreover, HDMI Splitter in BD is also commonly known as HDMI Hub, HDMI Switch. Currently, HDMI splitter has become very popular in Bangladesh as they facilitate the viewing of the same content on multiple screens in a conference room or home theater.
How many type of HDMI splitter is available in BD?
Different type of HDMI splitter is available in Bangladesh, notable type is:
1 in 2 out HDMI Splitter: 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter split one HDMI input into two outputs and displays them on two display.
HDMI Splitter with Amplifier: In this type of splitter, an amplifier is added to increase the HDMI signal, which is capable of sending the signal over long distances.
Audio Extraction HDMI Splitter: The HDMI input from the source device can be used to connect audio to a separate device to transmit the audio signal.
HDMI Matrix Switch: Its switch between multiple HDMI inputs and outputs and displays different content on different display.
Wireless HDMI Splitter: This type of splitter uses wireless technology to send HDMI signals. As a result, using a wireless HDMI splitter eliminates the need for messy cables.
What is the benefit of using HDMI Splitter?
There are several advantages to using HDMI Splitter, including:
- One of the advantage of using an HDMI splitter in conference room or hall room is that allows the same content to be displayed on multiple displays.
- HDMI splitter is the most effective and helpful way to split a single signal and send it to multiple devices without having to buy a separate source device for each display.
- HDMI cable and USB port are enough to make the connection with the source device. So that, HDMI splitter is easy to set up and use.
- HDMI input of HDMI splitter can exchange digital signals. So the content displayed on each screen will be as high quality as the main screen.
- HDMI splitter work compatible with a wide range of devices including TVs, projectors, and computer monitors. Also, it can be used in various mediums including home theater, conference room, and classroom.
How much does an HDMI Splitter cost?
HDMI Splitter price is mainly depending on the number of inputs and outputs, features, and brand. HDMI Splitter price in BD starts from Tk 600 which is usually basic HDMI Splitter with 1 input and 2 output ports. Also, HDMI Splitter with audio extraction, amplifier, or matrix switching capabilities price start at Tk 1,490 in Bangladesh. Also, wireless HDMI splitter price tend to be relatively expensive.
6 Things must consider before buy HDMI Splitter
There are several things that must be considered before buying an HDMI splitter as needed. Notable points are:
1. Number of Input and Output: The number of inputs and outputs of an HDMI Splitter depends on the number of connections from the source device to the display device. So you should check if the HDMI Splitter has enough inputs and outputs as required.
2. Resolution: Check whether the selected HDMI Splitter is compatible with the resolution of the source device and the connected display.
3. Audio support: To support audio on separate audio devices such as soundbars or AV receivers, check if the HDMI Splitter has audio extraction facilities.
4. Distance: Depending on the distance between the source device and the connection display, the HDMI Splitter's cable length should be checked.
5. Power: When using an HDMI Splitter, USB port or AC adapter has power capabilities should be checked with the compatible display or audio device.
6. Quality and Brand: While procuring a quality and reliable HDMI Splitter, one should consider the brand as well as the cable quality.
Overall, the above points will help to get the right, quality, and long-lasting HDMI splitter.
HDMI Splitter Setup in 5 Easy Step
Setting up the splitter is usually a straightforward task. In this case, follow the following steps:
- Step-1: First connect the input port of the HDMI Splitter with the source device.
- Step-2: Next, connect the output port of the HDMI Splitter to the display port such as TV or projector.
- Step-3: In addition, need to ensure the power of the USB cable or AC adapter with the HDMI port.
- Step-4: When starting the source device and the display device, then need to check the same subject-object is displayed on each display.
- Step-5: To adjust the resolution or other settings, the settings of the source device need to be changed via remote control or manually.