Among the networking router devices, the most powerful router device is the Mikrotik router. Mikrotik routers are a little different than other routers because they are managed by an operating system. Mikrotik OS runs on a Linux kernel base operating system. Various benefits are available in Mikrotik routers including network speed, wireless and wired facilities. All the ISP companies around the world, including Bangladesh, use Mikrotik routers more because of their affordable prices.
What are the benefits of a Mikrotik router?
Mikrotik routers have gained popularity especially in Bangladesh by offering various features at low cost. Advantages of Mikrotik router are:
1. Mikrotik routers support 32-bit architecture.
2. Mikrotik routers support multi-core and multi-CPU.
3. Mikrotik routers have a minimum RAM of 32 MB. But it supports up to 2GB only without Cloud Core devices. So this Mikrotik router offers more benefits than the price.
4. It supports PCI and PCI-X network cards.
5. Easy to install Mikrotik Router Network Base and CD Base.
6. Mikrotik router can be installed and monitored with Mac, Winbox, Webfig, TicApp, Commandline, API.
7. Binary file backups and configurations can be exported and imported to the Mikrotik router.
8. For security, Mikrotik routers have firewalls that provide very simple and very strong security.
9. Any IP version can be routed on Mikrotik router.
10. This router has MPLS facility which is a great feature for ISP level companies in Bangladesh.
11. Many secure connections are available through the VPN facility, which is secured by using a foreign or different server through a Mikrotik router.
12. Wireless facilities are available in Microtic routers so there is no need for additional cables.
13. The Mikrotik router itself acts as a DHCP server that can be connected to the RADIUS server.
14. Wi-Fi connection is very easy to get by turning on the hotspot with the help of Mikrotik router.
15. It has configurable proxy server which helps to block many websites.
16. All IP networks in the network of Mikrotik routers can control the bandwidth.
17. Auto-redundancy with connections from multiple ISPs can be done with Mikrotik routers.
What is the price of Mikrotik router?
Mikrotik routers usually have various features including LAN connectivity, RAM, storage, PCB temperature monitor, bandwith manage system, voltage monitor, ambient temperature from -40°C to 70°C. Mikrotik router price in BD is as low as 2,500 Taka. It is good for small office or home. And if you buy a Mikrotik router with wireless facilities, the price will be a little more. And based on the type of industrial work you have to select the Mikrotik router. Mikrotik usually sets prices based on OS license level and hardware.
How to Reset Mikrotik Router?
Resetting a Mikrotik router is very easy. Mikrotik router can be reset by following few steps. These are:
1. First disconnect the power cord from the unit.
2. Hold the reset button for a few seconds.
3. Plug in the power cord and wait until the ACT lamp starts flashing.
4. Now release the button to clean the configuration.
5. Wait a few minutes for the router to clean and restore factory settings.
6. Mikrotik router computer must be connected to port 3. Now open the web browser and connect to 192.168.88.1. If the router has been reset, it may ask for a password.
7. The last step is to enter the new password to enable the Mikrotik router to provide its security services again.