Hybrid car has petrol or diesel engine and electric motors that can work with multiple fuel systems to power the car. As a result, hybrid vehicles can travel a relatively long distance using relatively less fuel. Hybrid vehicle batteries are charged directly by the internal engine system. Hybrid cars of brands such as Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc. are currently available in Bangladesh.
What is the advantage of Hybrid Car?
Hybrid car has special advantages. Details are mentioned:
- Energy Efficient: Hybrid cars can travel at least 48 to 50 km more per gallon of fuel than conventional cars, resulting in comparative energy efficiency.
- Cost-Effective: Hybrid cars are relatively energy-efficient, resulting in lower operating costs.
- Eco-Friendly: Hybrid cars mainly have electric motors along with fuel engines, thus consuming less fossil fuel and releasing less CO2 into the environment. As a result, the use of hybrid cars has less impact on the ozone layer and thus hybrid cars are considered environment-friendly.
- Easy Maintenance: Maintenance of hybrid vehicles is relatively easy. And, the maintenance cost of a hybrid car is similar to that of a normal car.
- Smart Feature: Hybrid cars have special smart features that help the car run more efficiently while enjoying the journey. Even, there is a feature that reduces the engine power when the hybrid car is running at low speeds resulting in less fuel consumption.
- Advanced Safety System: Hybrid car has advanced cameras, special feature door locks, and special safety systems for emergency situations. Hence, hybrid cars are safer and the amount of damage in accidents is relatively less.
What is the price of Hybrid Car in Bangladesh?
Hybrid car is currently available in both reconditioned and used condition in Bangladesh. And, hybrid car price is determined based on its brand, engine capacity, design, mileage, and so on. Hybrid car price in Bangladesh starts from TK 13,00,000 which has an engine capacity of 1500 cc and comes in used condition. Moreover, a hybrid car with 1800 cc and 2000 cc engine capacity is available in Bangladesh which is relatively expensive.
What to look for before buying a Hybrid Car?
Before buying a hybrid car, there are a few things to keep in mind. Discussed in detail:
1. Car Mileage: Used and reconditioned car is mostly available in Bangladesh, so before buying a hybrid car, check the mileage of the car. The lower the mileage of the hybrid car, the better the condition of the car is likely to be.
2. Fuel System: Generally, hybrid cars in Bangladesh run on octane. And in a special process, octane-fueled vehicles can be converted to CNG gas-fueled vehicles. As a result, hybrid vehicles can run on both octane and CNG gas systems. Hence, the hybrid vehicle must be procured after checking the fuel system as per requirement.
3. Fuel Tank Capacity: Fuel tank capacity is how many liter of fuel will fill the fuel tank at one time. If the fuel tank capacity is low, the tank will have to be refilled frequently resulting in frequent disruptions to the journey. Hence, the hybrid vehicle should be selected considering the specific fuel tank capacity as per the requirement.
4. Fuel Consumption: Before buying a hybrid car, its fuel consumption should be checked. A hybrid car should be selected on the basis of how many kilometers it can run per liter of fuel.
5. Engine Capacity: The higher the engine capacity, the faster the hybrid car can run. Hence, hybrid vehicles with specific engine capacities should be selected as per requirement.